Utilize my design and leadership skills to deliver high-impact marketing via print and digital media.
Passionate about creating innovative and communicative designs. Detail oriented. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and maintain quality work under pressure. Work well in collaboration or independently.
Professional expertise in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PowerPoint, QuarkXPress, Dreamweaver and Flash. Experienced with WordPress, HTML, CSS, Lyris, Serena Collage, Cascade, Excel, and Acrobat. Digital Photography. Comfortable with Mac or PC.
2013–Present | Senior Designer, Global Editorial Services, McKinsey & Company, Waltham, MA
- provide specialized graphics support for a large and diverse portfolio encompassing clientele development papers, reports, “McKinsey on…” publications, McKinsey working papers on risk, articles for the Insights and Publications section of McKinsey.com, and a variety of ad-hoc publishing projects.
- provide art direction for select practice publications, including reviewing portfolios, selecting content-appropriate illustrators, commissioning artwork, finalizing contracts, and coordinating and providing feedback on concepts for all illustrations.
- provide design training to designated team members to enhance and expand in-house design capacity, and perform QA on white papers, reports, and other content genres that other team members have formatted and designed.
- develop a clear understanding of clients’ visual communication needs, identify areas where new-media skills can best be utilized, and interact closely and collaboratively with editors, copy editors, and authors in order to ensure client satisfaction and uphold Firm standards and branding guidelines.
2011–2013 | Associate Director of Creative Services, Valparaiso University, IN
- responsible for the development and implementation of visual marketing strategies for Valparaiso University, with primary responsibility for the Law School.
- provide creative direction and consultation, design and project management of print-based and electronic marketing pieces from inception to final production.
- manage the implementation of established brand standards for the University and the Law School.
2007–10 | Senior Graphic Designer, Concordia University, St. Paul, MN
- responsible for the conception, design and execution of creative marketing materials for all departments at Concordia University, St. Paul.
- responsible for design of the University’s quarterly magazine, annual reports, view books, brochures, signage, brand identity, direct marketing, power point presentations, apparel design and advertisements.
2007 | Assistant Professor, Department of Art & Design, University of Minnesota, Duluth, MN
- conceptualized and taught courses in graphic design and interactive design.
1998–00, 05–06 | Teaching Instructor, Department of Art & Design, University of Minnesota, Duluth, MN
- developed and taught courses in graphic design and fine arts.
- created course syllabi, instructed students in the elements and principles of design and design software, conducted class critiques/design discourses and graded projects.
2007–10 | Senior Graphic Designer, Minnesota Zoo, Apple Valley, MN
- designed magazines, brochures, newsletters, posters, advertisements, flyers and directional signage for the Zoo’s various programs, departments and services.
- collaborated with all departments to create designs that conformed to established brand standards.
2000–04 | Graphic Designer/Web Master, Carlson and Kirwan, Inc., Duluth, MN
- designed advertising and marketing material for print media, such as newsletters, brochures, annual reports, posters, banners and window displays for local, national and international clients.
- designed and implemented web sites for various businesses and organizations.
1997–98 | Digital Production Artist, Harrod Advertising, Inc., Highland, IN
- designed newspaper and magazine ads, flyers, brochures, and catalogs used in advertising.
- designed layouts and created illustrations for single/multicolor prints, brochures and advertisements.
2006 | Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, University of Minnesota, Duluth, MN
1997 | Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, University of Minnesota, Duluth, MN
1994 | Graduate Studies in Geology, University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada
1991 | Diploma in Computer Science, Xavier Institute of Management, Bombay, India
1991 | Master of Science in Geology, University of Bombay, India
1989 | Bachelor of Science in Geology, University of Bombay, India
Available upon request.